SS 2018: Machine Learning - SVM Support Vector Machines
In the first seminar unit you will select one of the base papers
as the topic for your own seminar work.
- It would be wise to read at least some of the abstracts before the first seminar unit, so you
can make an informed choice.
- It would be even better to read all abstracts and at least 2-3
of your preferred papers since the papers will be assigned first come/first serve.
Your paper has to be written in LaTeX. Study the
LaTeX Info for help. A short overview will be presented in the first unit.
- Base paper selection --
upload five keywords by 14.03.2018
→ read the base paper (if you have not done so already at this point..)
→ collect and read additional sources
in order to get a good understanding of your topic
→ tutorials on machine learning will help, such as
→ prepare 2-3 page proposal including 3 research questions and submit via learn
- Consultation --
19.04.2018 10:00-18:00 Institute
we will talk individually about your proposal and select one of the research questions for further work.
Email to set up time.
→ prepare your SE paper based on your proposal
→ prepare your presentation
- Presentation --
07.06.2018 13:00-17:00 D2.0.374
give us a 10 minute presentation about your work
→ refine your SE paper
- Submit final SE paper -- by 30.06.2018
→ switch on your spell checker
→ proofread your text
→ use Learn for submission of PDF file, email zip archive containing all your files
- Notes on writing your paper, including plagiarism and copyright issues
- Python notebook for computational introduction to neural nets
Other organisational details: VVZ