Rechnerpraktikum aus Programmierung
- Defining the requirements correctly is essential. We cannot reach our goal if we do not know what it is.
- Professional software development is usually team work and must be done in a structured manner.
Elaborate guidelines are used for everything down to naming temporary variables.
- Applications are rarely programmed completely from scratch but build on existing
modules. Getting acquainted with existing software is part of the development effort.
- Error checking is a significant part of good programming. Never rely on things going well.
Sooner or later they won't. Provide users with helpful messages.
- divide and conquer: small units with specific purposes.
- if a group of statements are done more than once: subroutine
- consistent style (braces, indent, spaces, ..)
- descriptive names; not x, MyClass, ..
- naming convention: lower/upper case, underscore, ..
- error handling with helpful messages
- comments: for others and yourself
Programming in Python
DataCamp is a learning platform for data science.